(704) 216-3680 (North)
(704) 216-3683 (South)
(704) 216-7140 (NCRC)
North and South:
Mon.-Thurs 7:45 am to 7:00 pm
Mon.-Thurs. 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Information Commons closes fifteen minutes before LRC closing time.
Professional Research and Writing
Business Writing is designed to prepare you for the communication activities you will encounter on the job or in other courses. This course presents students with practical information about communicating in different kinds of workplace environments and professional/technical discourse communities. Students will produce and analyze a number of common technical writing genres, including emails, letters, resumes, memos, reports, proposals, technical descriptions, technical definitions, technical manuals, and proposals. Students will work toward understanding how to analyze and react to rhetorical situations each genre and writing situation presents, including issues of audience, organization, visual design, style, and the material production of documents. There is also a brief study of oral and nonverbal communication as well.
College Central Network
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Rowan-Cabarrus Community College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central® national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central® so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by our office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires. • Receive emails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
Job and Career Accelerator
Create resumes and cover letters, learn interviewing techniques, and prepare for related exams. Access millions of job listings.
Need help with Research? Chat with a Librarian 24 hours a day.